Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Wedding Anniversary: One Year!

Photo by Lucy Hewett
























On August 19th, Ian and I celebrated our one year anniversary.

We made it! (Unlike our August celebrity spotlight stealer Kim Kardashian.) 

I can't believe this wonderful day happened one year ago. In some ways this year has flown, but in some ways it's hard to believe it's only been a year because we have done so much!

Photo by Lucy Hewett

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was in wedding obsessed  mode, decorating candy jars and candy bags, planning the table settings, and tying ribbons around...everything...

Photo by Lucy Hewett

Photo by Lucy Hewett

Photo by Lucy Hewett

Is it just me, or did my wedding cake taste better after being frozen for a year?

(before)

Photo by Lucy Hewett

(after - I squished the top layer in a Pyrex container for our anniversary! PS - why did we keep the ribbon on it?!)



One year of marriage is really something to celebrate! Whoo hoo! We have heard it's the hardest year... boy if that's true, then I don't think it was so bad! It was actually pretty good. Sure, we have really really gotten to know each other better.... the good and the almost good.

On an almost good note, kudos to me for keeping my OCD tendencies under wraps for over five years of knowing Ian. (high five) Recently, and very innocently (and calmly), Ian mentioned that I might have OCD.... (after I asked him to wash his hands for probably the 50th time that week. Ya, think Ian? In my defense, it revolved around raw meat prep and camping!) 

And I have learned to make room, and have patience for his spicy condiment addiction... this is almost all of them... 



But it's true, the really good completely outweighs the almost good. It's so fun and such a special thing to be able to share my life with my best friend. Here are some photos to recap some of the events of this amazing year (not completely in order):

 We had five weddings between our wedding and our anniversary! 



Our friends Emily and Aaron Reddington had their first child, a son, Quinn!  I have his photos below. This year was full of first born babies including: Matt and Jaaci Carr had a little girl, Raymi. Kevin and Julie McCann had a little girl, Ava. Ryan and Krista Robinson had a little boy, Briggs. Jason and Kristin Henney had a little boy, Jackson.


from Emily's blog http://thereddingtonfamily.blogspot.com

from Emily's blog http://thereddingtonfamily.blogspot.com

Ian and I got our own little baby, but furry. Piper.






We hosted Christmas in Defiance for both sides of our immediate family.









New Year's Eve in Chicago (with my brother Sean & cousin Sammie and our significant others)


Ian was there too, you heard that story here.


I joined a community choir in the spring.



Went to my first Michigan game with Ian. (Go IU!)



Weekends in Indy with friends!


And let's not forget about a cruise, and lots of house stuff

And a whole summer of events I still need to recap, but I'll save that for next week... 
the closing ceremony of summer.


Cheers to love and memories!
xo

1 comment:

  1. What a year for all of us! Your wedding was beautiful, Sav! Congrats to you and Ian...and here's to many more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete