Sunday, August 5, 2012

my dirty secret: folding fail

In an effort to keep this blog real. for real, real. I would like to maintain a series of blog posts regarding topics that should remain behind closed doors. aka, my dirty laundry.

Here it goes.

Here is something I keep behind closed doors.


I know, you already saw these pillows here.

However, what you didn't see in that photo was this...




OK, here is all of it:


These are all of our socks that don't have a match. I refuse to throw them away. They have a match somewhere, right? 

They live in the guest bedroom. When we have friends and family over to our house, this door stays shut!

We don't get that many overnight guests, so we use the guest bed to house our unmatched socks as well as clean clothes that we are to lazy to fold. This photo is actually representing a good day. 

On a typical day, I have about 3-5 loads of clean clothes piled up on this bed. Ian and I pull the clean clothes off the bed we need during the week. About once a month, I do all the laundry and fold all the clothes. But 3 weeks out of the month, sadly, you could mistake the guest room for our laundry room.

Worried about wrinkly clothes? For the clothing we wear that could possibly get wrinkly, I do pull it out of the pile, shake it out a little and lay it flat on the bed.

Pathetic, I know. The time I take to pull it out of the pile, and lay it out flat, I could probably hang it up.

But, Ian's 100% on my team regarding this topic. Why waste the time to put it away when we will probably just be wearing it again soon? Love that guy.

We are lucky enough to have our laundry room (closet) on the second floor. It is a walk-in closet turned laundry room off of the third and smallest bedroom. Then the next room over is the guest bedroom, and few more steps is our bedroom. You might even cringe further when I tell you that that door you see in the photo above is actually Ian's closet. His closet and dresser are in the guest room.

Pure laziness.

Laundry, check. Folding, fail.

What do you keep hidden behind closed doors?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment