Sunday, April 1, 2012

fancy pants

My first trend alert!!!

Actually, it's not an alert. I'm about 3 - 4 months behind on this. But hello, I just started blogging!

This spring is all about bright colors. They are everywhere!!!


I've incorporated into my nail polish collection. . . and other accessories.

















But most exciting of all, this season is about colorful denim on those hot legs! Three months ago began the excitement around bright denim, and now the focus is shifting to pastels for the summer.

Toothpick jean in garment-dyed twill
















You can get this pair of jeans for a measly $125 from J.Crew.

OR you can shop smart like I do and have a whole closet full of colorful denim for less than $90.

    (from right to left)

1. Teal purchased from Forever 21 in 2010 (I'm so ahead of the trends, it isn't funny :).
    Cost: I can't remember, but probably less than $30.

2. Burgundy purchased from Kohl's in Fall 2011.
    Cost: crap. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was less than $30, on sale & with a coupon.

3. Blue purchased from TJ MAXX in January 2012.
    Cost: $19.99.

4. Orange purchased from TJ MAXX on clearance in January 2012.
    Cost: $7.99.

J.Crew quality might "out-wear" these, but that's not a concern of mine because I doubt the trend will last long enough. OR I'll be on to another color palette by next Spring!

Now, for the fun part of this leg trend! 

Please welcome back, Kelly. She will re-introduce us to floral jeans!




















 this guy beat me to this trend and posted about it in February. (Gr. I'm so behind!)

Here is Jenna Dewan wearing them in that article:


If you are nervous about how to wear these, don't worry, Cosmo is offering some advice here.



Now, where can you pick up a pair? Looking at Polyvore, it seems only the high-end brands have them right now. I haven't seen these beauties in TJ MAXX yet. (I'll let you know the second I do!Have you seen them anywhere for less than $50?!


Don't like the flowers? Anthropologie has polka-dot denim here!


If the denim part of this trend scares you, it looks like stretch cotton pants in all sorts of flowers and patterns are here for the summer too. H&M has a pair for $14.95! Stella McCartney has a silk pair for only $1,165.00. Hurry, though they are running low on inventory! :)

shop smart! xo

4 comments:

  1. $39.50 AND buy one get one 1/2 off!

    http://store.delias.com/item.do?itemID=57955&categoryID=2464

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man..I cannot do the floral pants. I think they should have stayed in the 80s!! But I do need to grab a cheap pair of colored jeans to hop in the trend wagon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm liking the polka dots better, but they are too expensive. I'll have to wait for the knock-offs. :)

      Delete