Tuesday, April 17, 2012

spring breakinista

Ian and I are headed to Florida in just a couple days!

Over 10 days we will be spending some time with my grandparents* and on a short cruise to Cozumel and back to Florida.

*these cool folks
Photo by Lucy Hewett






















This is my first vacation in 2 years and I'm SO ready. (beyond ready. wish i was leaving right this minute.) 

I am excited for 10 days full of sun, sand, ocean, reading, my grandparents, good food and quality husbandry time. (I also will not be blogging! If I get antsy, I might start researching some projects that I am planning for this summer :) )

As soon as our flights and cruise tickets were booked, my pre-spring break Maxxinista vibes sent me directly to TJ MAXX (of course). In Spring Breakinista fashion, I picked up these beauties in anticipation for our vacation. 


































$98.00 BCBG shoes for $39.99. Not too shabby.

Generally, when I have a trip coming up, I head straight to the store(s) and stock up on lots of cheap trendy clothes. Instead of the usual impulsive vacation buy, I only bought these shoes and bowed out of TJ Maxx gracefully without apparel. (My accelerating rate of maturity is impressive, I know.

I have some heels and some flats, but these are:
1. not too tall
2. not too short
3. look fairly comfortable (time will tell)
4. can dress up or dress casual

Each of us are only taking a carry on suitcase for 10 days, so multi-functional outfits will be imperative.

I decided to check my closet before I made any unnecessary clothing purchases. I've gained some weight since last summer (probably because I eat too much pulled pork as explained here), so I was a little worried. I tore my closet apart and tried on all my warm weather clothes and dresses. I was impressed on what I found, what still fit, and the fun outfits I created out of clothes that I forgot about! (It's amazing how 6 months of cold weather can freeze your memory.)

When it was all said and done, I ended up purchasing some basic items that will hopefully transcend trends, and be wearable for a few years. These can all be paired up with my trendier closet clothes!

1. full length black maxi dress/bathing suit cover up $19.99 (orig. $40)
2. white short sleeve henley top $14.99 
3. restocked my basic black and white tank tops $12.99
4. comfy calvin klein cargo capris $19.99 (orig. $59)
5. nuetral long sleeve light weight cardigan $17.99 (orig. $70)

My entire spring breakinista purchases were under $140. I should be all set for spring and summer this year!

What is your favorite find this spring?

happy spring! xo
*I'll be back to blogging the first week of May. Hopefully, with some awesome pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment