Thursday, April 12, 2012

asymmetry

I like asymmetry in clothing. It's sexy and well...sexy.

It's been around for a while now in this form:

http://blogs.glam.com/glamchic/2009/09/23/one-off/


















{image from here}

But what I am really digging these days is the asymmetry in this form:


{image from April 2nd US weekly magazine}

Asymmetric cut and sew with sheer polka dots. (Hello, wonderful!)

1 - Polka dots have been around forever and are timeless (duh)
2 - Sheer polka dots have been back in the spotlight since this past fall.
3 - But sheer polka dots combined with sexy-but-modest, stunning-for-all-ages cut and sew?
Can you say, LOVE at first site?

I happened to see that my sassy & hip younger cousin Allie was struttin' a version of this out in London recently (she studied abroad this past winter/spring and just got back!)

{image from facebook}


Allie, where did you get that and how much did it cost?!
Update: Allie got this from Primark for 10 pounds ~ $15.00. aka not in the states and I checked and there is no online store. sad.

I also saw this cut and sew asymmetry all over the media too.
I hate it.

2012-academy-of-country-music-awards-leann-rimes-stella-mccartney__oPt.jpg
{image from here}

Poor Leann Rimes. Her body image is awful and her taste in clothes is even more horrible. I'm hoping some other designer can take this trend to the next.... better level.

That was a downer. Let's get back polka dots, they make me so happy (well almost as happy as buying a pair of $7.99 orange jeans discussed here).

Hop on the polka dot train... [it's taking off!]... I have to remind you about these polka dot jeans from Anthropologie that I talked about here. These are $218. Not happening.

I am still on the hunt for a cheaper pair if anyone knows of a place? [Still no TJ MAXX siting!]



{image from here}

I'm thinking about turning one of my colored jeans into polka dot jeans in early May!

Can't buy it? Make it! Anybody have any advise on what type of bleach or clothing paint to use???

polka pants! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment