Sunday, July 29, 2012

this season's best accessory

Thanks to a friend that lets me tag along to CosmoProf to get salon pricing, this summer I have been able to keep my wardrobe entertained with the best accessory of the season.

Nail Polish.

Here are my summer hues:

VENIQUE side walk surfer/ ESSIE e-nuf is e-nuf/ OPI need sunglasses?

Here are my spring + summer hues combined:

added CHINA GLAZE pink voltage (neon)/ OPI y'all come back now ya hear?


How cool would it be to be the person that names the nail polish colors?


Savanna Sunshine. Defiance De-lime. Piper picked pink. Indiana Ink. (OK, maybe I wouldn't be very good at it.)

Nail polish is cheap and it is available in virtually any color possible. What makes this even more fun is the fact that it is WAY in style to not-match-at-all. My inner perfectionist is a bit shy to this non-matching concept, but I have been trying my best to comply. Also, it works out well when you are too lazy to change your nail polish. Who cares, it's cool not to match your outfit!

I'm pretty sure every color is "in style", so go find your favorite color and paint those naked and boring nails, OK?

Additionally, I'm proud to announce that Better Homes and Gardens and I are telepathically connected.... (you knew this had to get weird somehow.)

My seasonal colors have been featured on the cover of the August issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  Looks familiar... (The photo looks more blue, but in person the blue reads more teal like my "side walk surfer". just believe me.)



And I was flipping through the Crate and Barrel catalog and noticed some more similarities... (how did they know? hehe)




Wouldn't that be cool if I matched my kitchenware and my outdoor furniture? Hip Wifey? Maybe not. 


What's your favorite nail polish color this season?

XO

1 comment:

  1. OH MY!! I believe that friend may be me!!! I am gonna miss taking you to Cosmo and seeing your obsession for nail polish blossom, esecially the bright colors that I sooo love! I absolutely HATE that you are leaving me, but I understand :( ...

    ReplyDelete